Skip to main content

Owl hat Tutorial #2

Owl Hat Pattern
I used a size K hook with a worsted weight yarn. This hat easily fit both my two year old and my 5 year old.



ch 5, sl st into the first chain to form ring.
round 1: chain 2, 10 hdc in ring, sl st in first hdc to join. (10 hdc)
round 2: chain 2, 2 hdc in each stitch around. sl st in first hdc to join (20 hdc)
round 3: chain 2, 2 hdc in same stitch, 1 hdc, repeat. sl st in first hdc to join(30 hdc)
round 4: chain 2, 2 hdc in same stitch, 1 hdc in next two stitches, repeat. sl st in first hdc to join (40 hdc)
round 5: chain 2, 2 hdc in same stitch, 1 hdc in next three stitches, repeat.  sl st in first hdc to join(50 hdc)
round 6: chain 2, 2 hdc in same stitch, 1 hdc in next four stitches, repeat.  sl st in first hdc to join(60 hdc)
round 7-14: chain 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around. sl st in first hdc to join. At the end of round 8 cast off. (51 hdc)
 (cast on with new color),
round 15:chain 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around. sl st in first hdc to join.  At the end of this round cast off. (61 hdc)
16-18: chain 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around. sl st in first hdc to join.  At the end of round 12 cast off. (61 hdc)
right ear flap
round 1: count 10 stitches to the right of the back joining. Cast on, chain 2,  9 hdc in next 9 stitches. Turn. (9 hdc)
round 2: chain 2, skip first stitch,  8 hdc in next 8  stitches. Turn (8  hdc)
round 3: chain 2, skip first stitch,  7 hdc in next 7  stitches. Turn (7 hdc)
round 4: chain 2, skip first stitch,  6 hdc in next 6  stitches. Turn (6 hdc)
round 5: chain 2, skip first stitch,  5 hdc in next 5  stitches. cast off. (5 hdc)
round 6: chain 2, skip first stitch,  4 hdc in next 4 stitches. cast off. (4 hdc)

Left ear flap

round 1: count 10 stitches to the right of the back joining. Cast on, chain 2,  9 hdc in next 9 stitches. Turn. (9 hdc)
round 2: chain 2, skip first stitch,  8 hdc in next 8  stitches. Turn (8  hdc)
round 3: chain 2, skip first stitch,  7 hdc in next 7  stitches. Turn (7 hdc)
round 4: chain 2, skip first stitch,  6 hdc in next 6  stitches. Turn (6 hdc)
round 5: chain 2, skip first stitch,  5 hdc in next 5  stitches. cast off. (5 hdc)
round 6: chain 2, skip first stitch,  4 hdc in next 4 stitches. cast off. (4 hdc)
chain 1 sc around the entire hat. sl to join in first sc. (2 sc over the  half double crochet stems.)

Beak

chain 4, 1 dc in first chain. chain two. Turn. (2  dc)
2 dc in first stitch, 1 dc in next stitch. (3 dc)
chain 1 sc all the way around  sl to join in first sc.

Eyes

chain 3, sl in first chin to form ring.
round 1: chain 2, 7 hdc in ring. ( 8 hdc)
round 2: chain 2, 2 hdc in each stitch around ( 16 hdc)cast off
cast on with different color
round 3. chain 2, 2 hdc in first stitch, 1 hdc in next, repeat. cast off. (36 hdc)

with black yarn, stitch eyelashes on the top of the eyeballs.

  Place pompoms at the top of the hat. Cut 12, 2 inch strings. take one of the strings and thread it through the holes at the top of the hat.  tie that string around the center of the bundle of strings.
Repeat for the pompom on the other side of hat.

sew beak on in the center of the hat. Sew eyes next to the beak. Sew ears on each side of the head.








To make braided tassels on the ear flaps, take 10, 20 inch strings.  place two strings in each of the five holes, and pull them through until they are equal in length  with their other half.  then braid all the strings together. tie off with one of the strings.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

hairstyle #9 braid buns

Whooa (Big sigh of relief), I am so glad that November is here.  Don't get me wrong I love October  especially Halloween, but now that I am a grown up person Halloween isn't quite as fun as when I was a kid. Or maybe it is still as fun, but now I have to do all the work to prepare for  it. I love this time of year (really who doesn't?) I love the Beautiful autumn colors, and the slight nippy feeling outside. I love sitting by a cozy fire,  and taking really warm baths while the air around me has a slight chill.  Most of all I love Thanksgiving, and being around people I love. Well enough of my sentiments, and on to this really cute and simple hairstyle.This style is cute on everyone, and it is very quick. Which is always a plus when your rushing to get a little one ready for school. First you create two pigtails. Braid each pigtail Wrap the braid around the base of the pigtail and secure the tail into the elastic holding the pigtail. Backcomb the

hairstyle# 11 A Simply cute toddler hairstyle

This style is simple, and easy. Perfect for those little toddlers, who wont hold still long. Plus it gets the hair out of their eyes, which is always a plus. The great thing is this style is for everyone! I have done my hair like this as well. It is so quick, but it looks super nice. Part hair on the side of head. Braid from forehead towards the back of head and secure. I use elastic bands in my girls hair, and bobby pins in my own. Curl the rest of hair with a curling iron. Finish with a cute bow. Gosh doesn't she have the CUTEST face ever? I LOVE that little smile so much!

Cute easy skirt tutorial!

Is it just my girls, that really LOVE skirts? Most days my two year old, C. E , refuses to wear anything that isn't either a skirt or a dress. Lucky for her I am constantly making skirts and dresses. :) I haven't even purchased her any pants for a year. ( well I did purchase one pair, but it had a skirt attached so it doesn't count.) Each day after I get C. E dressed, ( in either a skirt or a dress) she always says "I wear dress lite (like) a pincess (princess)."  It always makes me giggle a little. So this is my latest skirt. It is inspired by that pre shirred fabric you can get at any fabric store. they didn't have any made from corduroy  though, so I decided to make my own. If you can sew a straight line, then you can make this skirt! It is the easiest skirt I have ever made, and I have made A LOT of skirts,  It is made with grey corduroy, so it will hold up well, and the interchangeable sash will ensure it will go with anything.  C loves wearing this skir