Hi everyone, I am the #2 blogger of the 4 creative divas and I have a very easy craft for you. This craft is using one of the Halloween printable that is offered in the blog. I made a cute little Halloween plaque.
1. Start with a board that fits your printable, Make it big enough to have a border around it.
( I used MDF, you can get it at Lowes or Home depot, but you could use any type of wood.)
2. Router around the edges. Or if you dont have a router sand the edges to make a nice rounded edge. Take a hammer and distress the edges a little.
3. Spray with a black spray paint and let dry.
( I used matte finish)
4. Use a thin coat of Mod Podge to adhere the printable to the board.
5. Cover with a thin coat of Mod Podge let dry.
( I used two coats of Mod Podge)
6. Decorate with embellishments of your choice.
( I took 4 inch pieces of various Halloween ribbon , twisted it, and wrapped a brad around it. Then I glued it on with craft glue.)
I attached a small block to the back to make it stand up. You can put picture hangers, or staple a ribbon on the back for a wall hanging, or use a small easel for a table piece.
Don't be afraid to try a new craft for Halloween. When you get finished and it looks really scary, that's great, that is the way you want it.